Pre-Conference Workshop Day | 19th March 2024
11:00 am – 14:00 pm | WORKSHOP A
11:00 am Creating Seamless R&D Lab Workflows & Facility Design to Maximise Collaboration & Efficiency
- Ludivine Bellot Former Head of Infrastructure & Lab Equipment Delivery, Senior Director, GSK
With workspace constraints and increasingly complex workflows, the ability to design a user-centric lab space will ensure EHS, lab operations efficiency, and productivity.
This interactive 3-hour session will give you a detailed step-by-step guide to:
- Understand your users’ requirements and expectations, with precise calculation of workspace required by role and equipment considerations
- Design a high-quality laboratory layout for seamless workflows
- Understand when it is necessary to restructure, reconfigure or retrofit, to increase lab space flexibility
- Create an Office to GxP-compliant lab – what is the feasibility and time span of this?
- Ensure sustainability is at the forefront of decisions – guarantee cost savings through energy-efficient decisions
14:30 pm – 17:30 pm | WORKSHOP B
2:30 pm Bridging Talents & Skills Gap in Lab Operations & Management
- Martin frohock Head of Workplace - EMEA, Abcam
The role of lab operations has an increased impact in biopharma – yet there is no specific training in the industry. How can we help raise awareness and nurture next generation of in-house talents tomorrow?
This interactive 3-hour session will give you a head start today to:
- Raise both awareness of lab operations and facility management in the R&D biopharma world internally and externally – what benefits and impacts can they bring to the scientific team?
- Map out the perfect candidate profile and where to source and develop these talents
- Speak the scientific language with a business mindset to drive change and enable operations efficiency
- Accelerate lab ops’ career progression internally vs externally – ensuring development opportunities are clearly defined